Sunday, September 4, 2016

Your toothpaste is toxic

These aren't crazy conspiracy theories. Go read this article on Dr. Mercola's website:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/08/31/toxic-toothpaste-chemicals.aspx

It's not just me. And it's not just Dr. Mercola. Go ahead and google "toxic toothpaste ingredients" and you'll find a million sites discussing this. This is real.

I didn't realize all of this until recently...and my first thought was: "What am I supposed to do if I can't even use fricking toothpaste?"

Then I went on a journey and I was amazed how easy it was to find toothpaste that is healthy and without all these toxins, for roughly the same price as our everyday toxic toothpastes we're all accustomed to using.

The betrayal of trust between our biggest corporations and the American people continues to leave me staggered. They have us so snowed. I grew up believing the big brands were the ones we could trust because they're too big and in the public eye and I thought they'd wouldn't dare do bad things out of fear of being caught. They had too much to lose, I figured.

Growing up, and sadly realizing that most big corporations have absolute disregard for the public wellbeing if they can squeeze a penny more of profit by using a certain ingredient or process. It just blows my mind that this kind of stuff goes on and most of us are completely unaware of it. Wow, huh?

And you can't just go to the health food store and pick up organic products anymore. That's not even safe. The big corporations have bought out most of the brand name health food and organic companies, and added back bad ingredients into those products, too. 

So you have to be careful to find organic health food sources owned by small companies with no big-corporate interests involved who truly are vison-driven and want to provide a healthy product.

I was trying out different healthy toothpastes and was going to write this blog when I decided on the best and most affordable one. I really liked one toothpaste by Jason Organics, but I also like Dr. Bronner's new line of toothpaste.

I've always loved Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, everything organic, non-GMO, fairtrade, etc. He's been around forever and he's the real thing. Now he's come out with toothpaste.

Still, I was leaning toward the Jason Organics toothpaste I liked because of its low price on Amazon, but my daughter said it didn't leave her mouth fresh-tasting long enough like regular toothpaste. She liked Dr. Bronner's better.

Then I found out Jason had been bought out by a multinational corporation. Scratch Jason off my list. 

Then, to my horror, I found an article in Eluxe Magazine where Dr. Bronner is actively calling out "fake" organic companies and Jason Organics was on his list of fake organic companies!!!! Jason Organics is a bad guy now. How heartbreaking.

That finalized my decision for Dr. Bronner's toothpaste. Here's a link to the story in Eluxe Magazine: http://eluxemagazine.com/magazine/fake-organic-brands/

I just checked Amazon again and Dr. Bronner's toothpaste is $14 for a 5 oz tube. You can buy 3 tubes that come out to roughly $25, but add shipping, and it's just out of my price range. I was hoping to find it on Amazon's Subscribe & Save, but it's not there.

I can't find it at all on jet.com (which is my new favorite place to find deals, but it's not there).

I finally got a Thrive Market membership because they just have some things I can't find anywhere else, and on some things, they're really, really cheap. Like on this Dr. Bronner's toothpaste. I found it for $4.45 on Thrive Market. That's crazy. Compare $14 on Amazon and $4.45 on Thrive Market.

You just have to shop around. Jet, Amazon and Thrive all have great prices on various products, but you have to find the cheapest price on your product by doing the comparison. On this toothpaste, I did the work for you. 

Since I was going to write this blog about the toothpaste, I also went ahead and applied for an affiliate account with Thrive Market so I can earn referral credits for myself with Thrive, and also get you a $10 off coupon when you place your first order.

Join through my link and you get $10 off and free shipping on your first order. Stock up on Dr. Bronner's toothpaste. It's hard to find and this is the cheapest by far I've found it. If you find a cheaper source, let me know. My link to Dr. Bronner's toothpaste on Thrive Market

When you get on Thrive to place your first order, here's a few other things I have found on there I like that are priced amazingly: 

  1. Better than Bouillon - it's a bouillon paste that comes in beef or chicken or vegetarian that is organic and is an incredible replacement for bouillon cubes.
  2. Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayonnaise (it's 9.99 on Amazon, 10.70 on jet and only $7.45 on Thrive)
  3. Dr. Bronner's Baby Soap in a Pump Bottle that is unscented with no bad chemicals, and I use it as my bath soap as well as my shampoo now. It's $12 for 24 ounces or $6.75 for 12 ounces on Thrive, while it's just over $16 on jet.com and I can't find any prices on Amazon for it that aren't crazy insane. Dr. Bronner's also has a wonderful leave-in conditioner I've found too, but it's not available on Thrive and is cheapest on jet.com (Jet is a little over 7 bucks while Amazon is $12). I didn't think so at first but there are definitely some benefits to getting a Thrive Membership. It pays for itself over time. And you can get a free Thrive Membership for a couple months til you're ready to commit.
So you can go order your toothpaste and get this first order without having to commit. But please place it through my link so that when you do commit, I'll get credit for your referral and I can get some free Dr. Bronner's toothpaste as my reward for doing the research for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment