Saturday, July 30, 2016

Good morning...bad morning...it's afternoon already and I haven't figured out which it is yet.


I failed on Day 1 of the fast yesterday, but I was determined to start fresh today.

That picture, that image right there, is all I had to look forward to today as I faced a loooong day of fasting. When I'm fasting, I look forward each morning to the highlight of my day. Coffee. Highlight, that is, as far as activating the pleasure centers of my brain. That's sad when one good cup of java is all you've got to look forward to, pleasure-wise.

It can look that way sometimes during a fast. But there is so much more to look forward to--in actuality--if you really think about it. There is transformation to look forward to. And once transformation occurs, and you are healthy and no longer so sick and overweight, life has so many more pleasures to be enjoyed than food.

Problem is, I can't seem to do it right now--no matter how great the rewards would be.

Yesterday I ate trout and green beans and popcorn instead of fasting. That was healthy. But it still wasn't fasting. This morning I woke up with the best of intentions, and while I was making my coffee, I found myself suddenly making a homemade lovely dark chocolate bar with a small amount of organic raw cane sugar, virgin coconut oil, and heaping spoonfuls of cocoa. I put in in its mold in the freezer, and by the time my coffee was done, my chocolate bar was solid, and I had coffee and chocolate for breakfast. That's actually not the worst thing in the world. But it's still not fasting. Today I'm having trout again, with a big pot of plantain weeds. Way too much fish, I know, but I've got a freezer full of it and I can't resist. I could be eating worse.

Fasting is what my body needs, but chocolate and trout are what my heart wants. Fasting can be a beautiful thing. The hard part is getting started then staying on it until the fast takes over and carries you.

Getting from here to there is the hard part.

I'll keep you posted. I share all of this with you because this is my reality. This is how hard it is to get started on a fast. When I finally get there and you see the miracles that happen in my body, you will remember how hard it was to get from here to there.

The whole point of sharing my journey to restore my health and take off this excess weight is so that when I finally find my way through to the other side, other people can follow what I learned along the way. There's no point to sharing the journey if you're not going to be honest.

Don't you agree?

We're on this journey together, so if you're going to stick around, be prepared for the whole unvarnished truth.

Speaking of truth, did I mention how much I enjoyed my breakfast of coffee and homemade gourmet dark chocolate?

Sigh.




No comments:

Post a Comment